Sunday, August 10, 2008

The Best News Ever

New Jay-Z album:
• Produced entirely by Kanye
• Dropping in
December of this year
• First single, premiered live at MSG with Kanye titled Jockin (seen here), will be dropping within the next two weeks.

How is that for short notice?
Nas and Premier, CL and Pete Rock, Kweli and Hi-Tek...you need to realize that this formula not only works, it is practically the only way to make classic albums. Even if you are talented, 15 producers and 12 guest MCs makes your CD a hot circle of garbage.

I'm going to put my foot in my mouth and say it: Here comes the best album of '08.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

no pessimist on me, but i'll believe this one when i see it. reminds me of those early black album ads (12 tracks, 12 producers)...mmhmmm...

DUKES said...

I hear you. I only posted this as true info because Semtex confirmed it and that dude is on top of shit.

BTW, I haven't forgotten you and I will listen to/get up the Attorney St cats.

ShareThis