Sunday, October 11, 2009

The Blakroc Project

Ever since Dame Dash was cut off by Jay-Z, he's been a ghost. For years. Invisible. I mean, without hip-hop's biggest cash cow, there's nowhere to go but down, right?

Wrong.

Dame has been secretly waiting in the cut to do something monumental—something that hasn't been done since the days of the Beastie Boys: Create a colossal rap-rock album. And not one to shake a stick at either. His concept is Blakroc: a collaboration between The Black Keys and heavyhitters like Mos Def, Pharoahe Monch, Raekwon, Jim Jones, The RZA, and Q-Tip. Bringing together the down-south bluesy rock sounds of The Black Keys with the
gritty up-north sounds of New York's greatest MCs, Blakroc seeks to cross genres in a way that would be brand new.

The footage of this is bananas. Especially watching The RZA sit down with the guitar and lay out that loop.



Blakroc will be released on "Blak" Friday, November 27th. Here's a taste:


BLACKROC FT MOS DEF & JIM JONES - HOOCHIE COO

3 comments:

Hampshire Health said...

Excitement is all I feel for this project

laurahuben said...

Blowing my mind. I can't wait for 11/27.

WordSmith said...

I cannot wait for this album...my friend showed me the video trailer for the album a month ago and I've been amped for it ever since. Nice to see that Laura reads TFC as well. Who knew?

ShareThis