Monday, January 19, 2009

Mos Def x Robert Glasper x Blue Note Cafe


^Mos Def, Robert Glasper, & Chris Dave


Mos Def will be performing with the hip-hop influenced jazz musician Robert Glasper this weekend at the Blue Note in Manhattan. There are 4 shows lined up, two back-to-back on Friday night, and two of the same on Sunday. The show is $35 for bar standing and $55 for a table. Shoot yourself in the foot if you miss this.

MOS DEF & ROBERT GLASPER TICKETS


Here is a magical 1 hour Dilla tribute played by the Glasper trio and Mos last year at the University of Michigan.

MOS DEF & GLASPER TRIO - DILLA TRIBUTE

9 comments:

OLIVER EIGHTY ONE said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
the runner said...

it would take me about a month to get to New York
28 days for visa application and 2 days by plane .... damn! hate to miss this ... sounds like it'll be amazing ...

Anonymous said...

I was at that concert at Michigan... amazing... GO BLUE!

Anonymous said...

I will def be there. I bought the tickets 2 min after I got the email. Been excited for 2 weeks now!

Anonymous said...

So if you're not there... I plan on seeing a picture with your foot shot.

I'll be there for the early show tomorrow, can't wait!

DUKES said...

Im going to see a bunch of bloggers there tomorrow. Too bad I wont know who any of you are and you the same.

Just so you know, Ill be the guy with a laptop Twitter'ing and listening to my headphones during the show.

DUKES said...

Yo I slept on tickets and now all of you are going. Does anyone have any extra for the DUKES?

Otherwise i have to shoot myself in the foot. Someone hook it up!

DUKES said...

Yo how was it guys? I missed it.

polk said...

damn i say, damn! now i know why this is one of the best hip-hop, no - music blogs on the interwebs.

great post, dukes. as always.

glasper's lp 'in my element' is still one of my favorite jazz albums from 2008, probably one of the least recognized too.

carry on...

ShareThis