Sunday, April 6, 2008

The Visualz

If you are fiending for that late 90s NYC hip-hop, Bobbito's classic label Fondle 'Em Fossils just rereleased the old Siah and Yeshua classics as a digitally remastered anthology. This stuff got me through college big time.

If I had to compare their sound and rhymes to anything, I would go with Dujeous -- jazzy, soulful, and smooth. RHS over at Oh Word drops some knowledge on this duo's premier album if you aren't convinced. Glass Bottom Boat is a classic.

SIAH & YESHUA - GLASS BOTTOM BOAT

SIAH & YESHUA - NO SOLES DOPEST OPUS

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

straight up. this was my favorite hip hop record of the late 90s. i could never understand how the backpacker massess were getting so hyped over the boring ass shit that came to define the genre of underground late 90s rap (j5, non-phixion, defari, blah blah blah) and continue sleeping on what is one of the illest records of all time. bobbito knew what was up.

DUKES said...

j5 makes me want to die. I could say the same times a billion for Non-Phixion.

ShareThis