Thursday, June 4, 2009

New Mos Def

^Mos acapellas a new joint off the album in Osaka, Japan.

I can't say I was expecting very much from the new Mos Def album, since pretty much everything he has touched in the last few years has been a detriment to his past success. But after only one spin this is pretty damn redeeming.

It includes features from Talib Kweli and Slick Rick (!), production from the likes of J Dilla, Mos rapping in Spanish for an entire track, and a nice variety of bangers as well as some plain old classic Flaco. There aren't too many skippable joints on here. I'd like to drop about five tracks on you, but let's settle for two and a purchase.


MOS DEF FT SLICK RICK - AUDITORIUM

MOS DEF - TWILITE SPEEDBALL (PROD BY NEPTUNES)

4 comments:

Matty said...

I fully agree. I was so close to giving up on him. But so far this sounding interesting!

WordSmith said...

The boy Dante finally made a really good cohesive album again. I was so happy and relieved the first time I listened to it.

Skylar said...

Never heard a Neptunes cut like that. Shoulda went to the Clipse! But really, I like this new Mos. I'd take him over Kweli any day.

Anonymous said...

nice work picking the two playable joints of da album yo!

ShareThis