Friday, April 25, 2008

Keep Rising Down

Three new tracks from Rising Down that are pure fire. This album is crazy dark and is basically one huge electric synth landscape, which is going to turn off a lot of heads on first listen (or permanently). Shit, I didn't like it at all last night and now I think it's bananas. But I'm a converted Roots fan who doesn't need any more Illadelph Halflife from them ... they done grown up. Either way, you are going to either love this album or completely hate it, and my prediction is that the hate will prevail.

This dope sample from what I originally thought was just a jam session, with Kweli on the hook. And yet another one featuring Kweli on the verse.


THE ROOTS - THE GRAND RETURN

THE ROOTS - I WILL NOT APOLOGIZE (FT KWELI)

THE ROOTS - LOST DESIRE

No comments:

ShareThis